No injuries in lunch hour fire at waterfront restaurant

Firefighters stretch a ladder to the roof of Traffod Restaurant on Water Street in Warren to knock down a smoky lunchtime blaze in the vent system. Photo by Steve Klamkin WPRO News

By Steve Klamkin WPRO News

Lunch hour diners put down their forks and made for the exits when fire broke out in the ventilation hood of a landmark eatery on Town Wharf in Warren.

No one was hurt in the smoky blaze at the Trafford Restaurant on Water Street, where firefighters were alerted by the smoke streaming from the roof, said Warren Fire Chief James Souza.

“Bystanders noticed a lot of smoke coming from the roof, (firefighters) showed up on the scene, notified the occupants inside, pulled the fire alarm and got them out,” Souza said.

“We just had a small hood fire, something in our (ventilation) hood system caught fire,” said Trafford Restaurant front-of-the house manager Drew Farnworth. “There’s minimal, minimal damage.” He thought it may take a few days to reopen.

“We had a couple of customers. A couple finished their meal, then they all left, we got them out safe quickly, too.”

 

There is no custom code to display.

There is no custom code to display.

There is no content to display.

There is no custom code to display.